Now who wouldn’t love a tub o’ their very own homegrown chilli pickles guaranteed to add spice to any occasion? You know you want it. Here’s what you need to do.
Step 1: Buy yourself a pair of Pickl ‘Leg Ends’. Each pair comes with a square of seeded paper that you can plant.
Step 2: Now that you have a whole chilli plant, use the recipe below to make your own chilli pickles and voila!
1. 50g Whole Chilli Peppers
2. 150ml Water
3. 150g White Sugar
4. 10g Salt
5. 2 Bay Leaves
6. 150ml Apple Cider Vinegar
1. Pack the chillies in a sterilised glass jar with the bay leaves
2. In a saucepan bring the water, vinegar, sugar and salt to a boil
3. Ladle the liquid slowly over the chillies and carefully tighten the jar (use a mitten or a cloth to hold the jar as it will be hot)
4. Let the jar cool down at room temperature
5. Once cool, transfer the jar of chillies to the fridge
6. They’ll last in the pantry unopened for up to a year, and once open it lasts in the fridge for up to 3 months